Gospenheale Barn Environmental Policy
Cornwall is a unique county with diverse coastal, rural and moor landscapes. The farm land at Gospenheale makes up 150 acres of this beautiful environment. The barn itself has been converted using a local builder, local tradesmen, suppliers and artisans.
We have installed solar panels, underfloor heating and a condenser boiler into the barn to make it as energy efficient as possible. Sustainability is at the heart of our business so that those who follow us can enjoy ‘Gospenheale’ as much as we do without any compromise to the environment. We aim to contribute to the local economy by purchasing and promoting quality Cornish produce, foods and crafts as much as possible.
We will do this by:
- Communicating best environmental practices in a friendly positive way, to allow our guests to participate in looking after the countryside whilst enjoying a ‘guilt free’ holiday.
- By encouraging our guests to partake in sustainable practices such as; recycling, buying local produce and following the countryside code.
- Integrating sustainability into the entire business, while complying with environment legislation as a minimum.
- Continuing to structure our environmental practices to the ‘Green Tourism Business Scheme Gold Standard’.
- Setting yearly objectives and targets to ensure continuous improvement.
- Continuing to monitor energy and water and strive to improve on performance without compromising guest satisfaction.
- Continuing to adopt the waste hierarchy; Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- Continually source environmentally friendly products and services, such as ‘Ecover’, ‘Fair Trade’ produce and local craftsman.
- Encouraging the use of public transport wherever possible and promotion of local walks, cycle routes and attractions.
- Encouraging wildlife and protecting habitats on our land and to provide facilities for guests to experience the flora and fauna.
- In order to help maintain our ‘Environmental Policy’ Gospenheale Barn is involved with the local Cornwall Sustainable Tourism
- Project (known as the CoaST Project and the national Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS)